The PowerSmart 2480 has been designed to provide 24 / 48 VDC or 110 / 220 VAC power to external amplifiers / BUCs, and includes features to support Monitor and Control (M&C) functions for several products. Most DC / AC powered BUCs, SSPAs and TWTAs can be integrated with the PowerSmart 2480, for an efficient and convenient hardware solution to provide POWER plus M&C control to an outdoor transmitter unit.
• 19 inch 1U rack mount unit
• Amplifier functions such as TX Enable / Disable and operational status can be monitored and controlled from a convenient operator control panel. (1)
• The amplifier manufacturer’s software can typically be operated from a PC platform through the configurable port, over RS232, RS485 or SNMP interface as required.
• Enabling the Transmit function, monitoring BUC faults and the presence of 10 MHz reference on the IFL, verifying output power level and other common functions along with the rack mount format make the PowerSmart 2480 a value-added solution to higher-powered VSAT applications.
• Configuration parameters, onboard statistics and fault information can be accessed via the amplifier’s control interface (if available) through a convenient data port on the panel.
• Optional support for Bias-T, DC Blocker, MUX-T with 10 MHz clock, all in one convenient rack mount enclosure.
• Standard 2-Year Warranty
The iNetVu® PowerSmart 2480 is ideal for applications where a VSAT transmitter / amplifier requires more power than a satellite modem can provide over the TX output. This is typical for larger Block Up Converters (BUC) or Power Amplifiers (SSPA, TWTA etc.) that supply over 8 Watts RF output power.